JOB DESCRIPTION – MINISTER OF MUSIC
Overview: This role is, first and foremost, the role of a minister or pastor. As such, the qualifications, expectations, and job description will feature elements appropriate to the role as an associate pastor. The specifics of the job are related to the Music Ministry and will consist of coordinating, planning, and executing the musical portions of all worship services and events, with additional duties as assigned by the pastor.
• The candidate should be a regenerate (born-again) believer in Jesus Christ.
• The candidate should meet the Scriptural requirements for an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and in Titus 1:6-9.
o (above reproach, husband of one wife, not a drunkard, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not violent, gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money, not a recent convert, well thought of by outsiders, a lover of good, upright, and holy)
• The candidate should endorse the Bellevue Baptist Church Confession of Faith.
• The candidate should have formal music education.
• The candidate should have experience in leading worship services, choirs, praise teams, and special services.
• The candidate must become a member of Bellevue Baptist Church.
• The candidate must relocate to the “mountain area” of Gadsden.
• The candidate must be able to meet minimum administrative requirements for employment at the church (i.e. pass background check, legally able to work in the United States)
Primary Function: The Minister of Music is responsible to the Senior Pastor for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry. Additionally, the Minister of Music is a ministerial staff position which requires teaching and pastoral responsibility as assigned by the pastor.
• Coordinating, planning, and executing the musical portions of all worship services and events with spiritual wisdom and oversight.
• Coordinate the church music ministry with the calendar and emphasis of the church.
• Responsibly and Prayerfully select (with pastoral input) worship music that is doctrinally sound.
• Develop and maintain a list of approved hymns and worship songs for use in services.
• Plan and lead all practices (band, choir, children’s choir etc.) in a responsible, punctual, and reverent way.
• Direct enlistment and training of volunteers, band/choir members, and media team.
• Provide oversight and direct the audio/visual team on Sunday Morning.
• Be responsible for maintaining and purchasing any equipment related to the music ministry, sound equipment, or worship services pending approval.
• Coordinate performance schedules.
• Attend committee meetings.
• Maintain full-time office hours.
• Prepare an annual music budget to be recommended to the finance committee.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate with experience, education, and ministerial context.