Riverchase Baptist Church
Department: Ministry Support Staff
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Job Status: Fulltime
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: Immediately
Office: 2nd Floor Main Office
The Ministry Assistant is responsible to Riverchase Baptist Church, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, for providing administrative and clerical support to the ministers and members of RBC. The Ministry Assistant will perform all appropriate duties to support the ministerial staff in seeing that the programs of the church are executed efficiently and with excellence.
The Ministry Assistant may be asked to perform specific duties by church members as it relates to church business. She/He should seek to fulfill those requests with efficiency and attention to detail, while also being able to prioritize regular tasks and occasional requests.
The Ministry Assistant will manage the secretarial and administrative needs of the Senior Pastor and other staff members as necessary. In addition, the Ministry Assistant is responsible for the regular publications of the church, all other church communications, advertisements, maintaining the church calendar, managing facility use, managing office and janitorial inventories, maintaining vendor contracts as well as the church membership database. At its core, the Ministry Assistant should support the ministerial staff and members of RBC to Glorify God and Make Disciples through the ministry and programs of the church.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Serve as receptionist to RBC’s members, guests, and vendors including but not limited to answering general emails and phone calls received by RBC
• Create, edit, and distribute weekly and special publications and promotions
• Understand church messaging and how it can be communicated most effectively
• Maintain church membership database
• Maintain files, digital and print
• Coordinate facility use for members and outside groups
• Keep inventory of janitorial supplies
• Serve as liaison to vendors
• Maintain physical spaces (classrooms, welcome areas, storage spaces)
• Maintain digital spaces (website, newsletter, social media accounts)
• Develop an annual supportive ministries budget and work within that budget
• Attend staff meetings and retreats as required.
• Support the Office of the Senior Pastor as requested.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and other ministerial staff
• Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Riverchase Baptist Church.
• A maturing Christian who demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer and sabbath.
• The proven ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates strong organizational and administrative skills
• Demonstrates an ability for visual and graphic creativity
• Proficiency in basic computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3 years removed from High School
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Ability to pass church approved background check