The Church at Old Town is a replant that launched in June 2021. We have been blessed to see tremendous growth, and we are looking for someone who will help lead our team of volunteers to disciple students. The person God calls to this role comes into a situation where there is incredible potential to reach students through what has become a key church in the community.
The Minister to Students and Their Families will lead the ministry efforts of the church in reaching and shepherding students in 6-12th grade. He or she will play a key role in equipping parents to lead the faith development of their students.
● Take the lead in the discipleship efforts of the church for students in 6th through 12th grade
● When possible, be present in the lives of the students and families. This could mean helping at schools, attending football games and choir concerts, or visiting students at their work.
● Lead the effort in creating a welcoming, encouraging, and grace-filled environment for students in 6-12th grade.
Student Ministry Programming
● Coordinate Student Midweek Program, typically a Wednesday night experience
● Coordinate Student Small Groups
● Organize and lead events such as retreats, camp, mission experiences, and relationship-building opportunities
Ministry Team Leadership
● Enlist, equip, and lead a team of adults who will work alongside you in shepherding the students in the church and in the community
Ministry to Parents
● Coordinate parenting resources for parents of students
● Connect with parents of students when possible for fellowship, encouragement, and coaching
● Growing Disciple of Jesus Christ
● Faithful and regular tither
● Active member of the church
● Support TCAOT’s theology, staff, leadership, vision and values
● Adhere to TCAOT’s Staff Values and TCAOT Code of Conduct
● Passion for student discipleship
● Commitment to family based ministry
● Ability to develop relationships with students and parent(s)
● Strong communication (written and verbal), relational, organizational, and computer skills
● Experience in student ministry, either as a volunteer or on staff, with a portion of that in a church setting
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field