Minister to Students
The Minister to Students seeks to provide a well-balanced program for youth that will seek to win the lost to Christ and help those who are Christians to mature in Christ.
As relates to the above age groups, the Student Minister will:
• Establish, develop and maintain an eﬀective student ministry to include fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, evangelism and discipleship for students in grades 6-12 and college.
• Enlist and train department directors, assist in enlisting and training teachers.
• Be available to parents to discuss issues related to their child or student ministry.
• Provide counseling and spiritual guidance to youth on an individual basis.
• Involve youth in ministry and mission projects.
• Member of church council.
• Prepare and monitor an annual budget for recommendation and approval by the stewardship committee.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community, with an emphasis on the leaders of our local schools and other student or youth organizations.
• Support youth in their school setting and extracurricular activities.
• Will be available to be on call, fill the pulpit in the pastors absence, and assist deacons in hospital visitations.
• Perform other duties assigned by the senior pastor.
• Must be able to share personal testimony.
“• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or higher in theology, or student ministry. Educational requirements will be considered on an individual level.
• Model a Christ-like lifestyle with a passion to serve and lead the lost to Jesus Christ.
• Preferred 2-3 years experience employed or volunteering in youth or student ministry.
• A member of the local community to include local residence with availability to the