Community Baptist Church (CBC) is seeking a Minister of Music, under the direction of the Senior Pastor, for the overall music ministry of the church. CBC has been a beacon of the community for 80 years providing Biblical preaching, worship, and teaching for the congregation. Our Minister of Music will provide direct supervision of the band, choir, accompanist, praise team, and media team with the single goal of glorifying God through the music ministry. This person should possess a calling into the ministry and be theologically grounded in Southern Baptist doctrine. The Senior Pastor and church personnel committee will evaluate the performance for this role. This is a bi-vocational/part time position.
– Lead the band, praise team, choir and congregation in two Sunday morning church services – Traditional and Blended.
– Provide guidance for the band, praise team, and media team.
– Prepare the band, praise team, and choir for worship service and special events by leading regular weekly practices.
– Provide guidance for other musical areas of the church. (Youth, Children, etc.)
– Coordinate with the Senior Pastor in leading special events. (Easter, Christmas, Concerts,
– Develop and manage an annual music budget.
– Maintain music-related physical space and library located in the church.
– Attend staff meetings, as required.
– Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
– 2 years of experience in leading worship.
– Proficient in reading music.
– Utilize or learn Planning Center musical software for planning worship services and events.
Submit resumes to email@example.com
or mail to our church office at PO Box 159, Maylene, AL 35114