First Baptist Church of Hoover, Alabama, is seeking a minister of the gospel who meets the qualifications of a pastor laid out in God’s Word (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1).
Wednesday Night: 5 pm-7:45 pm (Prayer Meeting and Choir Practice)
Sunday Morning: 8:30 am-noon (Rehearsal and Worship Service)
Flex: 1 hour for planning and meetings
• Oversee the church’s music ministry, promoting and fostering a biblical theology of corporate worship.
• Lead the congregation in worshiping our triune God through song, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs (Colossians 3; Ephesians 5).
• Assist the pastor in planning congregational services of the church.
• Lead the music at our Wednesday night prayer meeting and direct choir rehearsal.
• Oversee the maintenance of the ministry’s music materials, musical instruments, and other valuable equipment.
• Shepherd the congregation in step with the pastor’s leadership, teaching, and discipleship.
• Supervise the work of paid music staff workers and volunteers. Conduct meetings for evaluation and planning.
• Be available to lead music at funerals and weddings for church members and special services.
• Be involved in the week-to-week life of this faith family, serving and giving to the church.
• The minister of music, along with all the staff members, will work under the administrative leadership of the pastor and may accept other ministry responsibilities at the pastor’s request.