FBC Huntsville, Alabama is seeking a full-time Minister of Missions. For more information, please visit www.fbchsv.org/missionssearch. Please submit resumes via e-mail to: email@example.com.
We are geographically located in the heart of downtown Huntsville with a heart for ministry to this city we call home. We are a dually-aligned church to SBC & CBF… often referring to ourselves as centrist Baptists.
The Minister of Missions leads the church in developing a missional community strategy that equips and motivates church members to participate in Missions service.
The Minister of Missions works with church and community organizations and individuals to identify needs and help First Baptist Church members to be directly involved in meeting those needs with the gospel (e.g., development and/or partnership in community ministries, local, national, and global missions, personal evangelism, etc.).
The Minister of Missions supervises paid and volunteer staff in community ministries, and missions. This is a full-time salaried position.
1. Plans and coordinates the church’s mission activities. Promotes personal participation of church members in community ministries and local and global missions. Assists missions education organizations with presenting mission information to encourage greater personal involvement. Mobilizes participation in church and denominational missions efforts.
2. Plans and coordinates the church’s evangelism ministries. This includes working with Sunday School and other organization leaders to provide coordinated evangelism through the program organizations and activities of the church. Develops and leads training classes for witnessing and evangelism efforts.
3. Provides leadership to the Fresh Expressions of church and serves as First Baptist primary point of contact.
4. Leads the church in developing and implementing strategies for the holistic transformation of neighborhoods in our city.
5. Provides mission input to various regular church publications and special church publications as assigned.
6. Serves as a staff contact to various church committees and ministry teams as assigned.
7. Assists in pastoral ministries as requested by the Executive Pastor. This may include, but not limited to, worship leadership, presentations, teaching, crisis visitation, and funerals, etc…
8. Performs other duties as assigned.