The Media Director reports to the Worship Pastor and is responsible for leading all aspects of media production at Whitesburg Baptist Church.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise all media staff and volunteers.
2. Enlist, train and equip volunteers to operate all aspects of media ministry (audio/visual/ lighting and support technology).
3. Oversee the audio, video and lighting services for all ministries.
a. Enlist, train and equip volunteers to fulfill media needs used in all WBC Ministry (student and college ministries, South Campus – weddings, funerals, fellowship dining room, etc.)
4. Attend weekly worship staff meeting.
5. Supervise audio/lights and the use of video projects for worship.
6. Prepare annual budget for media services area.
7. Calendar planning with the music staff and the entire ministerial staff to ensure the best stewardship of members time and talents.
8. Produce in-house videos/ announcements to support church functions and ministries.
a. This includes the overseeing the writing, filming, directing and editing required to meet production goals.
9. Responsible for producing a high quality online presence of Whitesburg Baptist services to be streamed on available platforms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Acknowledge Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior.
a. Depend fully on His wisdom, guidance and strength for his daily activities.
b. Realize that his performance, dedication and attitude are under the scrutiny of both mature and weak Christians, as well as, unbelievers. He must ensure that his actions reflect honorably on Christ and the Church.
2. Must be called by the Holy Spirit to serve as Media Director, trained to serve in the capacity to which you are called.
3. Must have a working knowledge of audio, video and lighting equipment.
– Must have 5- 7 year’s experience in audio production and proficiency using digitals mixers, effects, dynamic processors, and music production software.
– Preferred is someone who has a working knowledge of the Yamaha CL-5 desk, D&B Line array system, and ME-1 in-ear monitor system.
– Should be comfortable with rhythm section to full orchestra and choir.
4. Must be capable of learning and abiding by Church policies and procedures.
5. Must have the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively deal with a diverse group of members, employees and visitors.
6. Must be a self-starter and be able to perform responsibilities with little supervision.
7. Must have an attentiveness to details.
8. Must have professional maturity and good communication skills, both verbal and written.
9. Must be able to deal effectively with sensitive and/or confidential information.
10. Working hours will be dependent upon the ministries of WBC.
11. Must be able to submit to spiritual authority.
12. Must be capable of administering Church policies and procedures.
13. In full agreement with WBC statement of faith and belief, the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 (www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp)
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.