JOB TITLE: Managing Editor
STATUS: Full-time Equivalent (36-Hour Work Week)
To serve as a member of the Content & Marketing Hub; to manage the design and production of missions discipleship resources for the adult audience; to serve as curriculum sourcing liaison to the International and North American Mission Boards; and to assist with management and supervision of hub members.
• Manages the design and production of print and electronic resources for adult audiences. Enlists and trains editors and writers and makes writing assignments in collaboration with other editors for the adult audience. Edits content for audience appropriateness, doctrinal soundness, and adherence to program and curriculum Base Design and Dated Design. Consults with graphic designer on layout of resources. May proof manuscripts at all stages of production.
• Participates in developing and implementing hub strategies and goals; coordinates the development of Dated Design for the adult audiences; and manages the production schedules and budgets for adult resources.
• Serves on in-house and interagency hubs. Manages the curriculum sourcing process. Coordinates editorial production of cross-hub resources (e.g., International Mission Study).
• Serves as liaison to the International and North American Mission Boards.
• Fulfills writing assignments as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in (English, education, journalism, or communication) and five to eight years progressive work experience with the assigned audience or job function; Or
• Undergraduate degree and a Master’s degree with three to five years of progressive work experience with the assigned with the audience or job function.
• Member of the Christian faith and Southern Baptist church involvement on the local level is required.
• Knowledgeable of the Southern Baptist Convention and WMU.
• Good word processing skills, required.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 888-968-6383
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months.