Mount Zion Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Junior High Minister to work with the existing Student Minister. Our church is family-centered, conservative in theology, and driven by the vision of reaching people for Christ. We average 1,050 in three morning worship services, which vary in style. Our full student ministry has varied from 100 to 230 students in the last 6 years and currently has about 35 to 50 Junior High students. Our projected budget for the upcoming year is $4.6 million.
Worship services are available for review on our YouTube Channel:
or listen to our podcast:
Our staff is team based and any candidate should expect to contribute to the overall team. The ideal candidate will have completed a seminary degree and will have experience leading a smaller student ministry.
General Description: Our Junior High Minister will oversee the spiritual growth and development of 7th-8th grade students through weekly ministries, worship environments, relevant Biblical teaching, discipleship, and events that connect with and develop students. This position reports directly to the Sr High School Minister and ultimately to the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor.
– Be responsible to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to Junior High Student ministry. – Develop weekly Junior High worship services and combined worship services that are dynamic. – Recruit Junior High Leadership Team for Wednesday night and Sunday morning programming (ex. Small Group Leaders, Sunday Small Group Leaders, Leaders for events).
– Develop strong relationships with parents of Junior High students.
– Be responsible for 7th Grade Promotion.
– Work in conjunction with Senior High Minister:
• Assist in casting overall vision for the student ministry.
• Assist in maintaining overall student ministry budget.
• Assist in planning leader development, training, and encouragement.
• Assist in planning and executing large scale events for the student ministry including: Fall Retreat, Mission Trips, Camp, Discipleship Now, etc.
• Engage students at local schools.
• Assist in leading and supervising the intern team to accomplish effective ministry.
– Equip Leadership Team to engage students with the truth and grace helping them mature in their Christian walk. – Serve as a spiritual leader and role model to students.
– Maintain appropriate presence at Church Wide Events; Community Involvement, Outreach events, Evangelism, Church Wide Celebrations, Fellowships, and initiatives.
– Maintain regular office hours.
– Participate in weekly staff meetings and staff prayer times.
– Participate in annual staff training.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Personal Characteristics
– This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Seminary training is preferred. – Some experience on a ministry staff is preferred.
– This position requires significant capability in the areas of preaching and relational ministry. – Mount Zion is looking for an individual with a strong love for Jesus, the church, and the Word of God. – Candidates must exemplify a deep and consistent walk with Christ through the Word of God and prayer. – Candidates should also exemplify humility and a highly-disciplined work ethic.
– Candidates must exhibit love and grace toward people in the church and community.
– Candidates must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.