12th Street Baptist Church is a faith family located in Rainbow City, Alabama that strives to be a Christ-centered, confessional community leading people to become apprentices of Jesus. The church is prayerfully seeking a Family Pastor/Minister with strong pastoral and leadership skills. The right candidate will have prior experience in children’s and family ministry and must understand the value of investing in others for the sake of multiplying the ministry’s effectiveness. Most importantly, we are seeking someone who loves and enjoys Jesus, abides in God’s Word, and yearns to see people transformed by the gospel of Jesus.
The Family Pastor/Minister is responsible for acquiring, inspiring, and equipping an incredible team to partner with families. It is our desire to help parents be the primary spiritual leaders of their children. The Family Pastor/Minister will champion family ministry by overseeing all leader recruitment, leader development, and programming of all children’s ministry environments. The Family Pastor/Minister will help ensure that our family ministry is gospel-centered and relevant to the next generation.
The profile of a Family Pastor/Minister should be a blend between people and task personality traits. The Family Pastor/Minister should also have the following spiritual gifts: leadership, teaching, exhortation, and pastor/shepherd.
Education & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Seminary education preferred.
– 5+ years of experience in children’s ministry leadership and development preferred.
– Experience leading in high school and/or middle school ministry is a plus.
– Experience in leading teams and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
– Successful track record of developing leaders who develop leaders.
Knowledge & Skills
– Ability to clearly communicate the gospel through various means to all ages.
– Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated leadership and organizational ability.
– Capacity to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Entrepreneurial spirit in developing and improving systems and material.
– Familiarity with Planning Center, ProPresenter, Zoom, and Google Workspace preferred.
– A strong love for Jesus, His church, children, and families.
– Continual growth in spiritual formation and emotional health.
– Eagerness to serve with humility, generosity, mercy, and grace.
– Highly adaptable to growth and change.
– Agreement with the statement of faith, theology, and philosophy of 12th Street Baptist Church.
– Character and lifestyle that reflects Jesus to others.
Children’s Ministry (85%)
– Oversee and guide the planning and execution of the Children’s Ministry.
– Ensure the theological, philosophical, and vision alignment of the ministry with 12th Street.
– Be responsible for the spiritual health of the ministry including its effectiveness and missional impact in the community.
– Ensure the safety of all minors while participating in children’s ministry activities.
– Recruit new team members as needed, praying for them, spending time with them regularly, investing in them, providing pastoral care for them, training and scheduling them.
– Regularly engage with families in order to equip and encourage them to disciple their children.
– Coordinate and participate in regular multi-level leadership development.
– Be available to minister to and serve each child and their families.
– Encourage and equip children and families to use their God-given gifts in ministering to one another and with those outside the church.
– Oversee the children’s ministry associate and paid nursery workers.
Family Discipleship (15%)
– Oversee family discipleship to ensure theological, philosophical, and pragmatic alignment across all departments primarily focused on young people from newborns to college students and their families.
– Work to alleviate any extra burdens that might impede the success of other leaders within the family ministry department.
– Work with the staff to organize and lead mission projects and teams to reach families within our community.
– Provide monthly reporting of predetermined metrics and overall ministry health to church leadership.
– Share the gospel with unbelievers regularly and equip others to do the same.
– Make disciples who make disciples.
– Develop and manage the yearly budget for each area of ministry for related expenses.
– Collaborate as directed with church staff, church officers, and other ministry teams including participating in weekly staff meetings, semi-annual retreats and workshops, and meeting regularly with the Lead Pastor for accountability and development.
– Any additional duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Reports to Lead Pastor
Apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com