The mission of North Highlands is to engage people in a life-changing relationship with Jesus as we worship, grow, serve, and go.
• Worship God
• Grow in Groups
• Serve with your Gifts
• Go with the Gospel
The Discipleship Pastor will work under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and evaluate and oversee the overall implementation of the church discipleship strategy, as stated in the mission statement. The Discipleship Pastor will focus primarily on the Grow and Go ministries of the church.
Essential Competencies and Skills
• Strong administrative and organizational skills to ensure all tasks and projects are done correctly.
• Good communication skills, oral and written.
• A cooperative attitude to work together with staff and volunteers as a team.
• A passion for discipleship, helping others grow in their relationships with the Lord.
• A missionary heart. Love to engage lost people with the Gospel and equip others to do the same.
• Undergraduate degree ideal
• Seminary degree preferred
• Without degree, experience required
• Missions experience ideal
• International missions experience a plus
Essential Job Functions
GROW IN GROUPS:
1. Bible Study Groups
• Recruit, train, and equip Grow Group/Bible Study leaders.
• Develop and implement strategies for growing, multiplying, and strategically planting new groups.
• Stay informed of Bible study curriculum and discipleship resources.
• Promote Bible Study ministry and create strategies to connect people to groups.
• Oversee Men’s and Women’s ministries.
• Work with age-graded ministries to ensure a cohesive discipleship plan.
• Oversee welcome ministry, guest connections, guest follow-up, and decision counselors.
• Ensure current information (Bible studies, ministries, church info, etc.) is available in print and online.
• Create pathways or systems to connect guests to and move them through the discipleship process, as stated in the mission.
GO WITH THE GOSPEL
• Help plan and lead in evangelism training opportunities.
• Organize local mission projects.
• Help promote our church and events to our community.
• Work with other mission-minded leaders to develop an Acts 1:8 mission strategy, with opportunities to engage in missions locally, nationally, and globally.
• Work with missions leaders to promote prayer and giving emphases [ Example : Annie Armstrong (NAMB) and Lottie Moon (IMB).]
• Help to find and connect with missionaries and mission organizations with whom we can partner.
• Help to plan and lead national and international mission opportunities.
5. General Pastoral Duties
• Submit an annual budget for Grow and Go ministries and manage spending
• Participate in staff meetings, visitation, and preaching, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
To apply, email your resume to jobs@NorthHighlandsBaptist.com.