Principal Function: To provide administrative leadership to the association and to minister to the churches and church leaders of our fourteen churches. We have six churches in Tuscaloosa County, five churches in Pickens County, and three churches in Fayette County.
1. Minister to the pastors and church leaders in times of sickness and personal need.
2. Support our churches with regular visits (minimum of once a quarter per 14 churches) to their worship services and revivals.
3. Plan, promote and organize training opportunities for individual growth for pastors, church leaders and associational workers.
4. Promote and coordinate all associational work, including meetings and activities, in all of our fourteen churches through visits, bulletins, letters, e-mails, telephone calls and other means.
5. Be informed about the various programs, emphases and assistance of the State and Southern Baptist Conventions and promote these within our churches.
6. Attend denominational meetings and conferences.
7. Promote and schedule the program of the annual meeting, including compelling and producing a book of reports, corresponding and scheduling speakers, and printing the program.
8. Plan, publish and promote a calendar of work for the association in cooperation with the calendars planning process.
9. Resort to the Executive Committee in regular session and to the Association at its annual session.
10. Honor and respect the autonomy of the local church.
11. Work with the Nominating Committee and the Committee on Committees to provide workers for the Association.
12. Work with Budget/Stewardship Committee to provide resources for the Association.
13. Assist churches who are without pastors by supply preaching and providing names of potential pastors. However time will not allow the Director of Missions to serve as interim pastor.
14. Help churches get the assistance for local church building, mission and training programs.
15. The Director of Missions will be expected to join and participate in membership in of our fourteen churches.
16. Other responsibilities as assigned by Association or Executive Committee.
If you have prayerfully considered this position and would like to apply, please email your resume to Kevin Morrison current Moderator of Sipsey Association at firstname.lastname@example.org, all resumes will be carefully considered.