Director will plan, implement and administer day-to-day operations and activities for a Gospel-Centered After School Care (ASC) ministry for K5 through 6th grade in Helena, AL. Part time: 25-30 hours per week.
1) Responsible for the highest level of safety, security and well-being of every students in the program.
2) Have fiscal responsibilities (finances, budgets, etc.) for the ASC ministry.
3) Provide leadership and supervision for staff working in the program (approx. 5-7 employees).
4) Recruits and hires all ASC staff, responsible for criminal background checks and reference checks
5) Provides staff orientation and training for new staff.
6) Develops weekly staff work schedule.
7) Conducts periodic group staff meetings for the improvement of the ASC program.
8) Develops and updates written staff policy guidelines
9) Addresses parent concerns regarding their child and ASC program components.
10) Works directly for the Discipleship & Missions Pastor regarding outreach ministry, financials, facilities and all other related issues.
11) Enforces safety and operating procedures so staff and students can comply with health, safety and building codes.
12) Prepares and monitors the annual ASC budget. Reviews and approves all purchase requests.
13) Develops and uses Bible-based curriculum and program to include chapel and classroom bible study.
14) Works with teachers to develop and revise Bible-based materials appropriate for assigned age levels.
15) Oversee bus drivers and routes for pick-up and drop off of children at local schools.
1) MUST be a Christian with a strong and vibrant personal relationship with the Lord.
2) Actively attending a Bible believing church in the local area.
3) Must have High School Diploma or Associate Degree in early childhood education is preferred.
5) Must have at least 5-years experience in childhood education as a lead teacher, assistant director or director, plus twelve (12) clock hours of child development training.
6) Oral and written communications skills.
7) Understanding and use of computers and Microsoft software applications
8) Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, compassion and courtesy.
Licenses and other requirements:
1) Certification in first aid and CPR can be obtained.