EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY NATIONAL WMU BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA
JOB TITLE: Digital Designer
STATUS: Full-Time Equivalent (36-Hour Work Week)
To serve as a member of the Content & Marketing Hub, and to design and maintain WMU websites,
social media, and marketing assets.
• Maintains and updates corporate websites (including online storefront). Works with WMU staff
to keep web content current. Recognizes and addresses website issues as they occur, and acts
proactively to address them. Regularly evaluates websites for functionality and implements
solutions to improve user experience.
• Uses CRM tool to design and send emails blasts, newsletters, and marketing campaigns.
• Works with the Content & Marketing Hub to design and schedule social media post.
• Works with WMU staff to design corporate marketing collateral, as needed.
• Monitors websites and social media for adherence to branding and design criteria.
• Actively seeks out innovative new technologies to improve WMU’s marketing efforts.
• Designs additional WMU websites, as needed, including conceptualization, design, layouts, and
development. Meets with internal hubs to understand intent and design needs and determine
• Associates’ Degree or equivalent.
• Minimum three years on-the-job experience with website design and technical support.
• Strong creative skills, ability to work under tight deadlines, time management, and
project/production management skills.
• Experienced in Web site production and troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Manual/finger dexterity in both hands to operate a keyboard.
• Average sensory abilities to see, distinguish colors, hear or listen, and touch.
• Concentration or mental effort required for reading, analysis, and visualization.
• Duties are performed in an office environment with uniform temperatures, normal air
conditions, and normal noise level.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: email@example.com
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months.