JOB TITLE: Design Editor (Children’s Curriculum and Resources)STATUS: Full-time Equivalent (36-Hour Work Week)
To serve as the design editor for children’s curriculum and resources.
• Leads in the design and implementation of a balanced and comprehensive plan for children’s
missions discipleship. Communicates plans through multiple channels including print and electronic
• Works with other hub members in developing design plans for the children’s audience.
• Oversees the development, design, and production of print and electronic resources for
children’s audiences. Edits manuscripts for general content, audience appropriateness, doctrinal
soundness, and adherence to program and curriculum Base Designs and Dated Designs. Consults with
graphic designer on layout of resource. Proofs manuscripts at all stages of production. Adheres to
• Enlists and trains writers for the children’s audience in best writing practices and
educational methods for the audience. Makes writing assignments for curriculum and fulfills writing
• Serves as a functional expert in the area of children’s development and education, and stays
current in the field through reading, study, and research. Assists in selecting, training and
evaluating copy editors.
• Participates in the development and implementation of hub strategies.
• Serves on in-house and inter-entity hubs. Represents national WMU to state WMU leadership and
other networks for children’s leaders. Administers budgets for resources.
• Master’s degree in a related field (with a teaching certification, preferred).
• Three to five years of progressive work experience with the assigned audience or job
• Experience training teachers or leaders and developing curriculum.
• Member of the Christian faith and Southern Baptist church involvement on the local level.
• Knowledgeable of the Southern Baptist Convention and WMU.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months.