JOB TITLE: Controller
STATUS: Full-time Equivalent (36-Hour Work Week)
To serve as the manager of the Resources Hub and to provide efficient management and controls over the financial and accounting functions in coordination with executive leadership.
• Provides leadership to the Resources Hub and directs the work of hub members according to WMU policies and procedures. Leads hub in setting and attaining goals and provides support and backup as needed.
• Establishes and reviews internal controls and procedures to safeguard WMU assets.
• Manages, plans, and organizes the accounting systems and leads the budgeting process.
• Manage and lead the risk management function, specifically, manage and negotiate property and liability insurance coverages.
• Ensures that financial statements are accurate and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for nonprofits.
• Works with executive leadership to develop, monitor, and report financial information to hub managers and appropriate Executive Board committees.
• Oversees annual audits and provides information to external auditors.
• Manages federal and state regulatory reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Five to eight years accounting work experience.
• Certified public accountant (CPA).
• Member of the Christian faith and Southern Baptist church involvement on the local level.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: email@example.com
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months.