JOB TITLE: Constituent Relations Coordinator
COMPANY: WMU Foundation
STATUS: Full-Time Equivalent (37.5 Hour Work Week)
Maintain excellent records in donor database system, including entering gifts and keeping donor information up to date. Assist the Director of Mission Advancement with implementing constituent relations, stewardship strategies and recognition opportunities. Coordinate and prepare constituent related communications on behalf of the Foundation.
• Prepares gifts to be entered into database by using the established policies and procedures, updating donor and client information, creating acknowledgements, and
enhancing fundraising and marketing efforts with a high degree of accuracy and integrity. Consults with Foundation Staff regarding communications with donors to
verify fund designations and gift information.
• Performs database functions related to entering all forms into database. Posts funds and prepares for printing and mailing gift acknowledgements. Prepares
personalized acknowledgments as necessary for Foundation Staff.
• Follows all approved processes and procedures for daily contributions and deposits. Produces and maintains weekly, monthly contribution and deposit reports.
Reports all operating and restricted fund allocations, monthly deposit totals and fund allocations to Accounting and the Foundation president.
• Requests fund distributions from Accounting in the amount determined. Sends fund allocations to the designated investment custodian, confirms its receipt, and
verifies allocations. Requests fund transfers and check distributions as directed by the president.
• Works with the Director of Mission Advancement to identify and create new appeals, gift acknowledgements, and inserts.
• Effectively uses marketing related tools available in online database management system to enhance solicitation marketing efforts, especially online. Works with the
contracted marketing firm to create stewardship reports for donors and clients as directed.
• Works with Foundation Staff to develop, coordinate and oversee the implementation of the Stewardship Matrix. Recommends stewardship opportunities to
Foundation Staff to ensure donors and clients are stewarded in the appropriate manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or marketing preferred.
• Interpersonal skills, critical thinking, reviewing, and analyzing data.
• Member of the Christian faith and knowledgeable of WMU, preferred.
• Three to five years in related field.
• Computer proficiency using database software, preferably DonorPerfect, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong personal, written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: (888) 968-6383
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months.