About This Role
The College Pastor is responsible for ensuring all aspects of spiritual growth and development of college-aged students who attend The Station Church. This includes leadership for all programming, teaching, events, and management in support of the overall vision, mission, and purpose of the church. The College Pastor also expands the reach of our college ministry by creating new initiatives, in new places, to reach new students for Christ.
Primary Responsibili6es and Tasks of the College Pastor
1. Create a calendar that will encompass all of the programming needs of the college ministry to fulfill all spiritual development and outreach goals.
2. Develop a plan to have a presence on local college campuses as well as to stay in touch with college students on their campuses that aren’t local.
3. Recruit, develop, and empower student and adult leaders to lead campus ministry.
4. Collaborate with student leaders to develop and implement a plan for relational evangelism
on college campuses.
5. Plan and oversee large group, small group, missional group atmospheres that will help
develop a college student as a disciple who makes disciples.
6. Create opportunities for students to grow and serve experientially through local and
international mission trips, community service projects, etc.
7. Plan and execute biblically accurate and relevant teaching.
Strengths & Skillset
1. A personal relationship with Jesus and a passion for evangelism, disciple-making and prayer.
2. Strong leader with a solid work ethic.
3. Excitement for creating and implementing new ideas.
4. Ability to prioritize and manage own work and the work of others to effectively and
efficiently accomplish tasks with excellence.
5. Caring heart and desire to help heal those who are hur(ng and broken.
6. Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively, and proactively.
7. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.