Piney Grove Baptist Church is prayerfully searching to fill a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries position. This position will oversee the ministry to children birth through 6th grade, their families, and the children’s ministry volunteer leadership. We are in search of someone who has been called by God into children’s ministry and who has a heart for children. A Bachelor’s Degree or prior church ministry experience is preferred. The deadline to receive resumes is February 6, 2021.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Piney Grove Baptist Church
ATTN: Children’s Director
28430 Pinedale Road
Ardmore, AL 35739
Job Description | Director of Children’s Ministries P/T | Piney Grove Baptist Church
The Children’s Minister is responsible to Piney Grove Baptist Church, under the supervision of the Lead Pastor, for overseeing the comprehensive ministry to children birth thru 6th grade, their families, and the children’s ministry volunteer leadership. This person will develop and execute an overarching ministry process consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategies of Piney Grove Baptist Church. At its core, the children’s ministry should equip and encourage children, families and leaders to meet God, meet friends and meet needs.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pray regularly for and oversee (with aid of pastoral staff) the care of the children, families, and leadership that participate in and lead the Children’s Ministry of PG
- Oversee and administer all ongoing programming for children in grades birth thru 6th grade including Sunday School, AWANA & other weekly activities.
- Identify, create and execute opportunities for children and families to participate in missions and ministry to others.
- Plan and execute special events related to children and families, including Vacation Bible School, kids camp, etc.
- Coordinate and maintain children’s ministry spaces.
- Work with the church staff to develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Identify, recruit, train & oversee Children’s Ministry leadership with Nominating Committee.
- Coordinate and lead Children’s Committee meetings.
- Maintain an effective process of soul care and self-development.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Any other duties assigned and agreed upon with Lead Pastor.
- A personal sense of calling from God to Christian ministry in general and specifically to Children’s Ministry.
- An understanding and passion for discipleship and the spiritual formation of all ages.
- Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, and beliefs of Piney Grove Baptist Church.
- A maturing Christian who demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer and sabbath.
- The proven ability and relational skills to identify, equip, lead and care for leadership.
- The proven ability to manage people, planning and budgets.
- The proven ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or prior church ministry experience preferred
- Ability to pass church approved background check