Green Valley (www.gvbc.org) is passionate about partnering with parents to raise a young generation of believers who know and love Jesus! That’s why we are looking for the next children’s minister (K-5th grade) to take the lead in accomplishing that vision. Through creative ministry methods and a deep commitment to excellence, this person will model and communicate Biblical principles in a language that children understand. In keeping with the model of the church, the children’s ministry should be engaging and transformational.
We believe that the discipleship of children and families is one of the most important things we do as a church. That is why we are looking for someone who possess the ability to create, build, and maintain a Children’s Ministry program through efficient planning, implementation, and execution, with its ultimate goal being to contribute to the spiritual development of children. This includes building relationships with children on and off the church campus.
If you love seeing children discover and deepen their relationship with Jesus through small and large group gatherings and are passionate about empowering families to disciple their children, then Green Valley could be an excellent fit for you!
The best candidate will:
– Serve as a team-player that values serving the local church on a team of like-minded shepherds;
– Live in a driven and purposeful manner to build a vibrant children’s ministry;
– Never settle for the status quo, and always rise to a challenge;
– Create environments that exceed expectations;
– Plan, prepare, and execute elements of the children’s ministry with excellence;
– Develop and implement comprehensive leadership recruitment, development, and shepherding to cultivate highly committed, servant leaders who embrace the vision of
– Engage parents with tools for discipleship;
– Possess strong administrative skills to provide leadership and coordinate all aspects of the ministry; and,
– Passionately pursue relationships with children and their parents with a desire to see them take their next steps with Christ;
Green Valley’s story started with a conversation between neighbors in the Green Valley neighborhood. Today we are situated in the center of Hoover, Alabama, with over 88,000 residents. Hoover is the second-largest city in the 1.1-million-person Birmingham-Hoover Metro Area and was chosen by 24/7 Wallstreet as one of the top 30 places to live in the United States.
This position offers a lot of flexibility with office hours and would be a great fit for someone with strengths in multiple areas. We would also be open to someone who is excellent with time management and is looking for part-time.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org