Woodridge Baptist Church is a fairly large Southern Baptist church located in the growing West Mobile area. Organized in 1983, Woodridge has grown from a small church plant to one of the larger churches in the Mobile area. Woodridge is a closely united church located in a populated area with 150,000 people in a 6-mile radius of the church. The church is blessed to have large facilities located on 18 acres in a prime area of West Mobile. We have a full-time ministerial staff of 5 under the Senior Pastor.
Our Church Mission Statement is “Woodridge Baptist Church exists to love all people in all places while leading them to share life together as completely devoted followers of Jesus. We fulfill our mission by Gathering, Growing, and Going.”
We believe Woodridge, located in a most prime location, is poised at a “strategic point in time” in west Mobile and with God’s blessing the church is ready for revival and explosive growth.
Children’s Minister Job Description:
Lead the children and volunteers in becoming lifelong followers of Christ.
The role of the Children’s Minister is to:
- Ensure the Children’s ministry fulfills Woodridge Baptist Church’s Mission Statement.
- Focus on leading and meeting the needs of children and their families so that they have an understanding and appreciation of the call to follow Jesus Christ.
- Encourage the children to become disciples of Jesus Christ through teaching and example.
- Have a “whatever it takes” attitude, using skills and gifts to serve the church as a whole.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possesses a sound grasp of Biblical knowledge and the ability to apply it in ministry to children.
- Believes in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. https://bfm.sbc.net/
- Has a passion to see children and families transformed by the Gospel.
- Possesses a teachable disposition.
- Strong work ethic.
- Computer Skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Embraces a team-based environment.
- Encourages and supports the family to share in the faith journey of their child.
- Committed to recruiting, building, encouraging, training, leading and ministerial caring for the leadership teams in our children’s ministry. We would expect significant time be invested in the leaders so that they are well resourced and equipped to teach and nurture the children.
- Committed to working with the pastoral team to see the overall mission of the church fulfilled.
- Skilled at communicating with both children and adults.
- Genuine and proven call to work with children, leaders, and parents.
- Assists the Senior Pastor and other staff members in reaching out to the community and in meeting the needs of the church family through such ministries as hospital visitation, contact during times of bereavement, and other situations requiring staff care, especially those related to children and their families.
- Attends staff meetings and is part of assisting in the overall work of the church with the ministerial staff team: including vision casting, evaluating the church’s programs and events, calendar planning, budget management and coordinating the allocation of resources.
Please submit your resume or inquiries to email@example.com