The primary function of this position is to coordinate and supervise all activities and ministry needs of children and preschoolers in the larger vision of Family Ministry at FBC. The Children’s and Preschool Director will collaborate and work other Family Ministry staff to develop, implement, and regularly evaluate a comprehensive Family Ministry strategy.
The Children and Preschool Director will supervise the nursery staff and oversee all volunteers within the area of children and preschool ministry.
The Children and Preschool Director will report to the Associate Pastor of Families
1. Plan programs for Biblical education for children of all ages.
2. Enlist, train and supervise all volunteers/teachers in all areas of the Children and Preschool Ministry.
3. Plan and direct weekly events, monthly events, and annual events. This includes but is not limited to Sunday School classes, Nursery, Wednesday night services for children, Wee Worship, Fall Festival, and VBS.
4. Order Literature and supplies for all programs and classes, train staff on teaching material and techniques, and direct to appropriate party to be MinistrySafe trained and certified.
5. Recruit volunteers to work in all areas of the Children and Preschool Ministry.
6. Plan and utilize activities for special children’s events, retreats, day camps, outings, and socials.
7. Provide leadership training opportunities for prospective leaders and current leaders.
8. Maintain and update current information and records, both electronic and paper, for all children and their families. This includes, but is not limited to, birthdays, family information, address, phone number and email addresses of parents, waivers when required and providing ministry and encouragement during family sickness and time of crisis.
9. Prepare and administer the annual Children and Preschool Ministry budget in accordance with church policy.
10. Coordinate and manage outreach for children and preschoolers being promoted into the next class.
11. Work with Children’s Choir Coordinator and assist as needed.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Education and Experience:
1. Must be a high school graduate.
2. Experience in ministry or education settings preferred.
Please send all resumes or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.