I. Summary of the position:
To provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life-giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and kids’s ministry team of Calvary Tuscaloosa. This oversight includes direct responsibility for Calvary Kids, Calvary Preschool, and work in partnership with Little Friends Preschool.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
• Ability to communicate the Gospel through various means to children at various ages.
• Leadership background and experience serving with kids. Heart for children and parents.
• Proven ability to lead and manage a kids leadership team.
• Ability to articulate and implement the vision of Calvary Tuscaloosa.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from Calvary Kids Team members and families.
• Solid theological grounding and creativity in kids’ ministry curriculum development.
• Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving. Must be solution oriented.
• Computer competency in Planning Center, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and organize kids’s ministry at Calvary Tuscaloosa.
• Develop and oversee implementation of policies.
• Formulate kids’s ministry facility standards.
• Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, and kids team members.
• Work closely with Connection Pastor to analyze effectiveness of programming and adjust as needed.
• Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of kids’s ministry for weekend services.
• Consistent communication with key leaders and parents.
• Develop healthy community among parents and equip parents for discipleship through Sunday and Life Group experience.
• Help develop and maintain all security standards.
• Oversee special event planning to include Connect Camp, Fall Festival, and Family Ministry events.
• Fulfill pastoral duties including counseling, baptism, communion, hospital visitation, and general pastoral care.
• Positive attitude
• Heart of a servant
• Must share the vision of Calvary Tuscaloosa to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion