Bivocational Student Minister (Part-time)
Indian Springs First Baptist Church is seeking an individual called to serve and minister to the youth in our area through both established and new curriculums, activities, and mission outreach opportunities in our recently renovated youth building.
We are located south of Birmingham in the Indian Springs Valley Township, a flourishing community in desirable north Shelby County near Oak Mountain State Park. We serve a congregation of approximately 120 members with a dynamically growing youth ministry.
The Student Minister is responsible for the development, planning, coordination, implementation, and general oversight of the student and college population of Indian Springs First Baptist Church. The Student Minister will cast a vision for discipleship through welcoming young people and their families, empowering parents, and connecting with our community.
The Ideal Candidate
– Has a love for, devotion to, and relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Has a passion for the next generation.
– Has organizational and leadership skills.
– Has the ability to connect and engage with students and young adults.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to
– Teach and pour scripture into the lives of our students.
– Lead students in meaningful worship through Sunday School, Wednesday night worship, Discipleship Groups, etc.
– Disciple our students to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Plan, direct, and participate in youth activities such as camps, retreats, mission projects, and fellowships.
– Educate and empower parents, grandparents, teachers, and volunteers.
– Provide a visible presence in the community and school campuses.
– Encourage and train our students to become soul winners.
Other Responsibilities include but are not limited to
– Work with the church staff in reaching the community with the gospel including social media outreach.
– Assist the Pastor in planning and participation in outreach ministries including hospital and prospect visitation.
– Develop an annual plan that will result in the spiritual development of the students
– Lead the Student Ministries Support Team and serve as a member of the Church Leadership Team.
– Prepare and implement the student ministry and/or other assigned budgets.
– Maintain regular work hours coordinated with the Pastor.
– Pulpit supply when necessary.
– $15K-$17K annually which includes housing and retirement
– Paid Vacation
Send resume to:
Indian Springs First Baptist Church
3375 Cahaba Valley Road
Indian Springs, AL 35124
Or email resume to: email@example.com