The youth minister is responsible for leading the church in developing and maintaining a comprehensive youth ministry. The Youth Minister shall serve as a role model for the Body of Christ (especially our youth) embracing and exercising those qualities described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
• A born again Christian and witness for Christ
• A reputation of being a spiritually mature individual who demonstrates an exemplary Christian testimony in his/her life
• Ability to teach and preach the Word of God
• Called into the ministry
• Ordained or desire to be ordained
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and relate to youth & families.
• Must be a dynamic teacher (able to teach doctrine of the Baptist faith, fundamental
• Christian values and how to apply these to life situations)
• Experience with coordinating events such as… retreats, mission trips and regional outings
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and lead the Youth program of New Life Baptist Church with the overall responsibility of leading our youth into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Must be intentional about building relationships with youth & their families.
• Responsible for teaching Sunday School, Discipleship Training, and Wednesday night bible study for youth each week.
• Develop and plan activities to keep youth engaged.
• Prepare and administer the youth ministry budget.
• Develop programs to reach un-churched youth.
• Plan and oversee youth outings, mission trips, youth camps, retreats, fellowships, etc.
• Perform other ministerial duties as assigned to support the total work of New Life Baptist Church.