6 Savannah Road · Ardmore, TN 38449
John 3:7 …Ye must be born again
Pastoral Job Description
General Description of Responsibilities
Kelly’s Creek Baptist Church was established in 1865 with a current active membership of 90. The church is prayerfully seeking a bi-vocational pastor. The Pastor is the spiritual leader of the church. He is responsible to the Lord and the church to primarily proclaim the gospel and teach the bible. He is to be engaged in pastoral care, provide supervisory and administrative leadership in all areas of congregational care including paid and volunteer staff. He must also possess the biblical and spiritual qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Pastoral Requirements and Responsibilities (in no particular order):
• Plan and conduct worship services: prepare and deliver sermons and lead observances of the church by- laws.
• Lead the church in an effective evangelism program and in a caring ministry for those in the church and the
• Lead an effective program of visiting sick and shut-in members and prospects.
• Conduct counseling sessions.
• Conduct funerals.
• Perform wedding ceremonies.
• Lead the church in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating all church programs and ministries in conjunction with Deacon and Trustee Boards.
• Cooperate with the local association, state convention, and National Baptist Convention leadership in
matters of mutual interest and concerns.
• Represent the church in civic matters.
• Act as moderator of the church business meeting (unless another leader is elected moderator, i.e. Deacon
and/or Trustee Board member).
• Work with deacons, board of trustees, church officers, and committees/auxiliaries as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
• Serve as administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of the ministry staff, both volunteer and
paid ministers and directors.
• Licensed and ordained minister in the Baptist faith
• A visionary with sound judgment and discernment
• Pastoral experience preferred
• Effective written & oral communication skills
• Growth oriented & pastoral care capability
• Demonstrate financial awareness & responsibility
• Committed to continuing education & development
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively with the congregation across all ages & gender
• Possess effective administration skills & able to organize & lead staff
• References [preferably non-family (examples) Clergy, layperson & personal]
• Copies of license & ordination & educational accomplishments (if applicable) This bi-vocational pastoral position comes with a monthly salary of $1,550(negotiable). Please submit resumes to email@example.com by 1 October 2023.