Pineywood Baptist Church in Gardendale, Alabama is seeking to fill the position of Bi-Vocational Pastor. We are a small Southern Baptist Church with attendance of less than 40. The Pastors roles and responsibilities in the church may include, but are not limited to the following: Responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ Provide leadership of the congregation into a deeper more meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Born again and have a personal testimony of his personal conversion and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Align with the Southern Baptist Doctrines of Faith (Baptist Faith and Message).
- Committed to integrity and accountability to those he serves.
- Biblical qualifications for an elder (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Have a clear and open calling to serve the Lord in Pastoral Ministry.
- Strong leadership gift, skills and abilities.
- Plan and conduct the worship services Prepare and deliver sermons
- Lead in observance of ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Develop a course of action that reaches out into the community.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing to the lost
- Visit members and prospects.
- Visit the sick
- Moderate business meetings
- Spiritual and scriptural counseling
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees
- Should defend the Bible as being without error
- Support missions
- Oversee filling of the pulpit on any Sunday he is not present in order to ensure doctrinal consistency
Please forward a copy of your Resume along with a Cover letter and References to: Pineywoodbaptist498@gmail.com.
*All candidates will be subject to a background check*
*Please note that no housing allowance or housing is offered as this is a Bi-Vocational Position*