The Worship Leader serves as a member of the Worship Team and reports to the Senior Worship Pastor. This position is a pastoral position which includes responsibility for planning, preparing, and leading a weekly worship service that promotes authentic worship and proclaims the uncompromised message of the Gospel.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide leadership, vision, and passion that will develop a musical team spiritually, musically, and socially.
– Oversee planning, preparing, and leading the 11:00am Sunday band driven worship service.
– Meet weekly with the Worship Team and Senior Pastor to plan, prepare and lead an engaging Sunday morning worship service.
– Enlist and develop musicians and vocalists capable of providing a high level of quality in worship leadership.
– Direct a weekly rehearsal with the worship band and vocalists that both prepares for the Sunday worship service and develops new music to be introduced to the congregation in future services.
– Mentor and coach student and college worship teams.
– Prepare, present and administer an annual budget for the band driven worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the WBC.
– Engage in the body of the church as an active member by joining a Life Group and seek to make connections with members beyond the worship stage.
– Embrace the total ministry of WBC and its mission and core values.
– Have a good work ethic and serve as a dependable team player with a humble heart.
– Perform other pastoral duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
– Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capable of leading worship with a guitar and/or keyboard. Should be able to read and chart music at basic to semi-advanced level. Should possess a working knowledge and understanding of various styles of music.
– Should have a general working knowledge of technology and worship software such as Planning Center, Pro Presenter, etc.
– Undergraduate degree in music or music worship required. Seminary degree in worship leadership is preferred.
Spiritual Knowledge and Qualifications:
As far as can be humanly discerned, shall:
– Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
– Depend fully on His wisdom, guidance and strength for daily activities.
– Realize that performance, dedication and attitude are under the scrutiny of both mature and weak Christians, as well as, unbelievers. They must ensure that their actions reflect honorably on Christ and the Church.
– Must be called by the Holy Spirit to serve as a Worship Leader, trained to serve in the capacity to which you are called.
– Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity.
– Demonstrated leadership in discipling those in his sphere of influence.
– Must be capable of abiding by Church policies and procedures.
– Must have the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively deal with a diverse group of members, employees and visitors.
– Must be a self-starter and be able to perform responsibilities without close supervision.
– Must have an attentiveness to details.
– Must have professional maturity and exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Must be able to deal effectively with confidential information of a written or spoken nature.
– Must be able to submit to spiritual authority.
– In full agreement with WBC statement of faith and belief, the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 (www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp)
The position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.