Associate Pastor- Worship and Missions
Purpose: This person will serve in an Associate Pastor’s role with a concentration on Worship and Missions. The job description has been broken down to describe what each role entails.
Supervision: The Associate Pastor will be supervised by and will report to the Lead Pastor.
• Evidence of a genuine and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
• Practice and support the most recent Baptist Faith & Message.
• Gifted, Christ-centered congregational worship leader.
• Able to read music and lead all vocal and instrumental rehearsals.
• Possess and demonstrate a deep love for missions, compassion for the lost, and a drive to take the gospel to our community and throughout the world.
• Passion to impact communities with the Gospel.
• Able to motivate and train others to fulfill the Great Commission.
• Able to work well with others and promote a strong team atmosphere.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional manner.
• Competency with basic computer software (Word, Excel, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software.
• College and/or seminary degree preferred, but all levels of education will be considered.
1. Lead Sunday morning congregational worship services.
2. Lead Worship Team and Choir practices.
3. Assist the Pastor in planning, conducting, and evaluating church worship services.
4. Enlist and train participants for the choir and worship team, and schedule rehearsals in consultation with the pastor.
5. Assist the Technology Team with the purchase of music and sound system supplies and equipment within budget allocations and supervise the use of music and
6. Develop programs for special events.
7. Work with the Pastor and Finance Team to develop annual budget needs.
8. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
9. Become familiar with and adhere to the current CBC Constitution and Bylaws, and the current CBC Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
1. Support/oversee our current missions program, while helping to develop new strategies for the future.
2. Mobilize and equip church members for local outreach.
3. Help plan and organize local outreach events in and for the community.
4. Cast vision, connect, and mobilize other ministries in the church to strategically engage our community.
5. Discover, build, and maintain relationships with local and North American partners.
6. Discover, build, and maintain relationships with international partners.
7. Help plan and organize short-term mission trips to North American and International partners.
8. Develop a church wide missions strategy and annual plan for CBC to faithfully take the Gospel to our community and world.
9. Oversee/Develop missions policies, budgets, and goals.
10. Develop and implement strategy for supporting and celebrating each Local, North American, and International Partner.
11. Continually challenge the CBC family to think and live missionally, both locally and globally.
12. Help organize and plan missions Sundays and an annual Missions Fair.
13. Lead the Missions Team and meet consistently for input.