Associate Pastor of Worship and Discipleship
Concord Baptist Church
To provide leadership for all music ministries of the church; to lead corporate worship gatherings; to provide appropriate discipleship and educational opportunities; to facilitate ministries that promote the spiritual growth and development of the body of Christ at Concord Baptist Church; to provide additional pastoral care; reports to and works in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have experienced conversion and believer’s baptism.
- Must be in good standing and actively involved as a member of the local church.
- Must have experience, passion and giftedness in leading worship as well as education, discipling, and developing God’s people to grow and mature as followers of Christ.
- 1- 2 years of church ministry experience is preferred.
- Possess a strong vocal ability to lead congregational worship.
- Ability to play guitar and/or piano/keyboard and knowledge of various musical instruments.
- Knowledge and proficiency of church sound systems, including Planning Center.
- Should be people-oriented and able to work effectively across a broad spectrum of age groups and personalities.
- Ability to identify potential leaders and volunteers by matching individual spiritual gifts and talents with ministry opportunities.
- Excellent computer skills, including social media and website formats.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- To connect people to God and lead the church, through effective praise and worship.
- Provide specialized guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship ministry possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists, vocalists, and media personnel.
- Mentoring individuals and groups to become more effective worship team members.
- Maintaining the music ministry by engaging future generations to participate as instrumentalists, vocalists, and worship leaders.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Church leaders to develop a discipleship strategy that encourages church members to grow spiritually in the Biblical community with one another.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor to implement curriculum related to vision and direction.
- Provide additional pastoral care, report directly to and work in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.