The Associate Pastor of Families will hold responsibilities relating to family ministry and discipleship for the church. There is an expected emphasis on ministry design and implementation in areas of preschool and children K-6 ministries. He shall be supervised by and responsible to the Pastor.
Some examples of job responsibilities are listed below:
1. Coordinate with the Pastor to design ministry curriculum and implement training for families of all ages to disciple their children.
2. Implement and train volunteers to implement a curriculum that is unified across all ministries for preschool and children.
3. Coordinate with the Pastor to plan quarterly outreach and fellowship events for families.
4. Coordinate with the Pastor and Deacons to serve in the church’s visitation ministry.
5. Ensure child protection policies are current and carried out (updating background checks for volunteers, coordinating annual training for the ministry with minors, reviewing policy, etc.).
6. Coordinate with the Church Administrator, Preschool director, and children’s director to propose an annual ministry budget for family ministries.
7. Attend biweekly staff meetings as scheduled by the Pastor.
8. Conduct funerals/weddings and lead worship services as directed by the Pastor.