Carrville Baptist Church Job Description: Associate Pastor of Families
The Associate Pastor of Families is a full-time position, which provides leadership for ministry to the children, teens, and their parents of Carrville Baptist Church (CBC). He will direct and assist in the areas of education, fellowship, and administration in cooperation with other ministers of the church. This person should be one who loves young people and family, and has a desire to see others love and serve Christ in tangible ways, study God’s word, and live in Christ-centered community. CBC’s desire is to see families know God and make Him known.
• Must be exemplary in Christian character and conduct as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Must possess a personal conviction of calling to pastoral ministry and his role in overseeing the Lord’s church (1 Corinthians 15:10; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
• Must demonstrate a passion for sound biblical exposition (2 Timothy 2:15).
• Must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
The Associate Pastor of Families is responsible for coordinating and promoting Christ-centered opportunities for learning, service, and fellowship that engage children, teens, and their parents with the larger church and community.
• Coordinate, or assist in coordinating, projects and activities such as, but not limited to, the following:
• Summer activities for children and teens (e.g. Vacation Bible School, camp/retreat, mission trip/projects)
• Evangelism and outreach efforts of CBC
• Regular learning, service, and fellowship opportunities (e.g. mid-week Bible study for teens)
• Regular community engagement (e.g. presence at appropriate school functions and local events)
• Enlist and provide training for volunteers in cooperation with leadership and committees of the church.
• Maintain an active ministry of building relationships with families for the advancement of the Gospel.
• Prepare an annual budget for children and teens to be reviewed by the Senior Pastor and Financial Team, and approved by the church membership.
• Serve as resource person to committees and ministries that directly involve children and teens.
• Assist the Senior Pastor with daily duties and general administration of church business as needed.
• Give a minimum tithe of first fruits to the Lord’s church.
• Adhere to the CBC Policies and Procedures Manual.