This person will be an ordained minister of the Gospel. As a pastor and spiritual leader of the church, he is expected to embody and reflect in his life and ministry the biblical qualifications of a pastor as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
He shall give evidence of a genuine conversion experience and a growing maturity in his Christian life and possess a personal awareness and conviction of a divine call to the Gospel Ministry.
Strengths for the role
Education/Training: A graduate degree from an SBC seminary is preferred. Ministry Experience in age-graded ministry is preferred. He shall possess a working knowledge of discipleship, equipping, and spiritual formation strategies.
Personal Traits: Prayerful, Humble, Bold, Decisive, Cooperative, and Collaborative. He shall possess the heart of a shepherd, the mind of a servant, and the mentality of a leader as he works to Honor Christ in all things.
Personal Skill: Communicates Clearly and with creativity. Excellent Interpersonal relationship skills. Strategic Thinker. Builder Mentality. Organized, on time, and prepared. He shall possess the ability to preach/teach to a wide range of ages, build discipleship and equipping strategies that are family-focused and holistic, and lead teams to accomplish on-campus programming.
- Assist the church in developing a discipleship strategy for parents and children ages birth through college.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and execution of annual equipping events. (Marriage, Parenting, Men and Women’s ministry, etc.)
- Provide insight into all aspects of discipleship and equipping.
- Children’s Ministry
- Oversee and assist the Children and Pre School Ministry teams on policy and ministry.
- Assist the children’s ministry in discipleship and activity planning by ensuring appropriate volunteers are trained and in place for Wednesday night activities.
- Plan, promote, and organize children’s ministry camp each year.
- Help with planning, promoting, and training volunteers for Vacation Bible School.
- Help with planning and promoting children’s ministry activities and sponsored events.
- Prepare and administrate the Children’s Ministry’s annual budget.
- In time oversee and work with ministry staff of preschool and children’s ministries. (Interns, associates, residents, etc.)
- Student Ministry
- Oversee and assist the Student Ministry Team on policy and ministry.
- Be the primary teacher/speaker/activity planner for the student ministry.
- Engage students outside the church setting. (Events, sports activities school functions, etc.)
- Assist the Youth ministry in discipleship and activity planning.
- Teacher for Wednesday Night youth activities.
- Teach and equip adult volunteers for small groups on Sunday.
- Plan, promote, and go with students to Summer Camp each year.
- Plan, promote, and provide meaningful fellowships for students outside the Sunday and Wednesday Schedules.
- Prepare and administrate the annual youth ministry budget.
- In time oversee and work with ministry staff of Student Ministry. (Interns, associates, residents, etc.)
- Assist the pastor with hospital and home visitation.
- Assist the pastor with ministry needs.
- Assist the pastor with preaching/teaching.
- Assist the pastor in other duties assigned by the pastor.