Department: Discipleship | Family Ministry
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: Immediately
Office: Second Floor | Student Minister’s Office
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship (Students and Missions) is responsible to Riverchase Baptist Church, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, for overseeing the weekly discipleship programming of students in grades 6-12 as well as leading the missional emphases and initiatives of RBC in order to mobilize our members to missions. The Associate Pastor of Discipleship (Students and Missions) will execute weekly programming consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategies of Riverchase Baptist Church. At its core, the Student Minister should equip and encourage students to Glorify God and Make Disciples.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
Students and Families:
Pray regularly for students, families, and leadership that participate in and lead the Student Ministry of RBC.
Oversee and administer all ongoing programming for students grades 6-12 including mid-week Bible Study, Sunday School and monthly fellowship and service events.
Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our community.
Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences (alternating between local, domestic, and international).
Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
Maintain student ministry physical spaces (classrooms, welcome areas, storage spaces).
Maintain student ministry digital spaces (website, newsletter, social media accounts)
· Coordinate with Finance Committee to develop annual student ministry budget.
Coordinate and lead Student Committee meetings.
· Attend staff meetings and retreats as required.
· Support the Office of the Senior Pastor as requested.
· Plan, conduct, and evaluate a comprehensive program of mission involvement for the members of the church
· Serve as the church staff member on the missions leadership committee (Acts 1:8) and work closely with the committee in balancing traditional missions with expanded outreach and new approaches – especially in the training of transformational, servant leaders who make disciples
· Oversee the execution of the goals and plans of the missions committee including the promotion of annual mission offerings. (North American Missions; Church Directed Missions; State Missions; International Missions).
· Assist in the development and administration of the annual mission’s budget.
· Facilitate mission projects and short-term mission trips.
· Give general administrative leadership to lay led missions projects and trips.
· Challenge, motivate and recruit church members for involvement in missional living and discipleship.
· A personal sense of calling from God to Christian ministry in general and specifically to Student Ministry and Missions
· Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Riverchase Baptist Church.
· A maturing Christian who demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer and sabbath.
· The proven ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
· The proven ability to think strategically and creatively work with approved ministry models and paradigms.
· Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· 3 years removed from High School
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Ability to pass church approved background check