Associate Pastor of Administration and Missions
Principle Function: Shades Crest Baptist Church is a multi-generational church focused on equipping members to serve and glorify God. The Associate Pastor of Administration and Missions will be responsible to the church in partnership with the pastors and staff for church administration and churchwide missions.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• A tested and mature faith
• A strong vision for discipleship
• An attitude of service
• A patient spirit
• A compassionate heart
• Working knowledge of finance including budget programs
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient computer skills
• Effective and adaptable communication skills (writing, public speaking, teaching, one-on-one)
• A demonstrated ability to be a connector of people
• A track record of being a leader of leaders
• Strong interpersonal skills, exhibits a willingness to learn and share
Qualifications: Master’s degree in theology
Primary areas of responsibility included but not limited to:
1. Church Administration:
Leads administrative and operational duties of the church including strategic planning, finance, office management including certain administrative staff, and building and grounds responsibilities to ensure that all processes and decisions are aligned with the mission of the church. Oversee the day-to-day operations of the church and support the senior pastor in making decisions and planning for the church.
A. Building and Grounds
• Building Security
• HVAC Administration
• IT Support
• Ensure missionary houses are in good condition and provide leadership to repairs and renovations, as needed.
• Charter Chapel Ministry including setup of Charter Chapel for special events
• Funeral Facility Prep (prepare Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall as needed)
• General Elections (prepare Fellowship Hall for use by Elections Team)
• Weddings (supervises wedding coordinator and sets up Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall as needed)
• Ensure the appropriate processes and controls are in place for church bookkeeping and payroll
• Work with Business Manager to prepare and oversee budgets
C. Food Service
• Oversee food preparation, ordering, and staffing for church events
D. Church Policy Management (writing and storage)
Provide opportunities for people to encounter Christ, share Christ with others, serve others, and strengthen engagement in the Church through helping others. Facilitates and promotes mission opportunities by responding to the needs of existing ministries, while also helping to both identify and respond to new ministerial opportunities. Partner with church pastoral leadership in providing missions opportunities throughout the church. Coordinate missionary stays in church missionary houses. Lead and promote recreational ministries.
Serve as pastoral liaison to the following committees/team:
• Missions Committee
• Trustee Committee
• Women on Missions
• Transportation Ministry
• Church Safety Team
Accountability: All responsibilities are to be assigned by and supervised by the Senior Pastor.
Salary/Benefits: $55,000 to $60,000 based on experience plus eligible to participate in church health insurance.