The Associate Minister to College & Young Adults will serve under the leadership of the College and Young Adult Pastor and help lead a comprehensive ministry of discipleship and Christian life development for the 18 – 35 year old, college, career, and single young adults in our community. This will include the prayerful development and strategy for reaching and equipping young adults with how to be and make disciples. Ultimately, it is our desire to help young adults connect, grow, serve, and be sent within the church and to the nations. The College and Young Adult ministry is a part of the Discipleship Ministry at WBC and, as such, reports to the Discipleship Pastor. It is essential that this person be able to connect with young adults on a social and spiritual level, with the intent of leading them towards Christ-like maturity.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
• A born-again believer who has made a personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call into full-time ministry.
• Lives with a determined commitment to the requirements of a pastor as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Exhibits a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is a person of prayer and the Word, models a Biblical pattern of life and leadership, and demonstrates a love for God and His people.
• Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of personal life and ministry at WBC.
• Demonstrates a teachable spirit
• Driven and self-motivated to both lead and serve
• Is in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000), the doctrinal statements of WBC and Southern Baptist.
• Master’s Degree preferred (Someone on track towards graduation will be considered).
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience as a staff member or team member in a ministry leadership role preferred.
• Ability to teach/preach/effectively communicate God’s Word.
• Experience developing, growing and maintaining a vibrant groups ministry. This role would include Life Groups (Sunday), weekly small groups, and disciple making groups.
• Experience enlisting, training and leading a ministry team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong relationship building ability (extrovert), especially with the unchurched.
• Prioritizes being and making disciples
• A strong team player with the desire to help ministry leaders reach mission objectives, goals and strategies.
• Develops a strong understanding of Huntsville’s growth, especially in the area of young adults
• Helps develop and implement outreach strategies that connect with young adults.
• Remains current with cultural trends to effectively connect the culture with the unchanging Gospel.
• Maintains a strong connection with ministry leaders and participants.
• Must have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with church personnel, members and the general public.
• Must be able to submit to spiritual authority and capable of administering church policies and procedures.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.