JOB TITLE: Assistant Editor
STATUS: Full-time Equivalent (36-Hour Work Week)
To serve as a member of the Content and Marketing Hub and to assist in the design and production of WMU’s adult missions discipleship materials.
• Edits resources substantively for audience appropriateness, general content, and adherence to WMU objectives, Base Design and Dated Design; proofreads at multiple stages of production.
• Participates in the development of Dated Design for WMU’s adult audience and in the design and production of print and electronic resources in accordance with Dated Design.
• Develops and maintains production schedules and assists in determining editorial budgets.
• Coordinates assignments with the managing editor, copy editors, graphic designers, marketing and web teams, and ministry consultants; and fulfills writing assignments as needed.
• Enlists and trains writers, makes writer assignments, and processes check requisitions for writers.
• Collaborates with managing editor to digitally archive content.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or communications.
• Three to five years progressive editorial work experience.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of Adobe Creative suite.
• Member of the Christian faith and Southern Baptist church involvement on the local level.
• Working knowledge of the Southern Baptist Convention and WMU, preferred.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: (888) 968-6383
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months. WMU is an equal opportunity employer.