- This event has passed.
Mastering Church Finances Workshop
June 3, 2017
Designed to assist the smaller member church and bi-vocational church in managing their finances and growing their stewardship.
- Gary Fenton, Senior Advancement Officer, Samford University.
- Jim Swedenburg, state missionary, director of Cooperative Program and Stewardship Development, Alabama Baptist State Convention State Board of Missions.
- Kevin Blackwell, Assistant to the President for Church Relations, Director of Samford’s Ministry Training Institute, Samford University.
Why we are to teach and preach about giving:
- Biblical Rationale
- Discipleship Rational
How we teach and encourage giving in a local church
- Understanding the task or role of leadership in relationship to stewardship.
- Telling people to give or teaching people to give.
- How you teach is dependent upon your theology and the tradition of your local church.
- Understanding why people give and why they do not give. Understanding why people give and why they do not give.
Creating an environment that supports stewardship.
- The importance of having a church approved budget. Every person has a budget in their own mind and this can be dangerous unless there is one approved budget.
- Building a simple and understandable budget.
- Promoting the budget.
- How building fund campaigns and mission campaigns are different from annual stewardship emphasis.
- Reporting the church finances in ways that provide clarity, understanding, and accountability.
Free resources to get the job done.