- This event has passed.
LIFT – Defining Worship Conference
May 20 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
“Delight yourself in the Almighty and lift up your face to God.” Job 22:26 (CSB)
When: May 20, 2021 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: FBC, Trussville
Concept: Event to learn creative worship by participation and “how-to” sessions for developing creative planning and implementation of worship plus teamwork-building for staff relations and church relations.
- To worship God with all your heart, mind, and soul (without having to do any of the planning!).
- To experience Worship creatively with fresh possibilities to use in their own churches.
- Teaching tools to equip needs (personally and church-wide).
- Creative Worship Planning and Creating an Exciting Environment
- Getting the Most from Your Worship Rehearsals
- Sermon Planning and Calendaring
- How Do We Rebuild the Church After COVID?
- How do Pastors and Music Ministers Work Together to Plan Creative Worship?
- Creative Media…Where to Start?
Speakers include David Eldridge, senior pastor of Dawson Memorial Baptist Church and DeWayne Rembert of Flatline Church.
Large group: Congregational participation through singing, media, preaching.
Small-group breakouts: individuals to attend topics of their choice concerning church needs or personal needs both specific and generic. (5 – 6 choices…2 breakouts)
Pilot Theme: Worship… defining… re-defining… what does it look like?
11:30 Break – choose your breakout
11:45 Breakout session 1 – (1 hour)
12:45 Lunch (catered-box lunch)
1:15 Worship (1.5 hour)
2:45 Break – choose your breakout
3:00 Breakout session 2: (1 hour)