Keynote speakers Russell Moore, president of the SBC Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, and Timothy George, dean of Samford’s Beeson Divinity School, will lead us to consider issues of sexuality from both a biblical and cultural perspective. Dr. Moore will discuss the topic, “Engaging the Culture Without Losing the Gospel” and Dr. George will discuss the topic, “The Biblical Truth About Sexuality in a Morally Relative Age.” Two panel discussions during the day will tackle the subjects of “Religious Liberty in a Culture of Moral Decline” and “Taking This Back to My Church.”
You’ll also be able to choose from one of the following nine practical breakout sessions. Most of the sessions will be available online after the conference, allowing you to take advantage of the sessions you couldn’t attend.
- Someone in My Life Is Gay – What Do I Do?: Helping Believers Respond When Someone in Their Life Comes Out – Teman Knight
- “They’re Saying I’m Intolerant”: Communicating a Biblical Perspective in a “Co-Exist” Culture – Tommy Treadwell
- Making a Covenant With Your Eyes: Helping People Overcome Pornography – Adam Calvert
- Teaching the Next Generation: Equipping Students with a Biblical Understanding of Marriage and Sexuality – Neal Ledbetter
- Preaching About Biblical Sexuality: Key Strategies for Developing Relevant Messages – Jason Dees
- Appropriate Policies and Procedures for Your Church: Navigating the New Cultural Landscape – Jim Swedenburg
- What’s Wrong With Just Living Together?: Countering the Culture of Premarital Sex and Cohabitation – Dwayne Norman
- “Why Did God Make Me Like This?”: Questions About Gender Identity – Rod Campbell
- Keeping the Home Fires Burning: Sexuality Within Marriage – Dale and Jena Forehand
9:00 – Registration Begins
10:00 – Keynote Address: “The Biblical Truth About Sexuality in a Morally Relative Age” – Dr. Timothy George *
10:45 – Panel Discussion: “Religious Liberty in a Culture of Moral Decline” *
11:45 – Lunch (provided onsite for registered guests)
12:45 – Keynote Address: “Engaging the Culture Without Losing the Gospel” – Dr. Russell Moore *
1:45 – Breakout Sessions
3:00 – Panel Discussion: “Taking This Back to My Church” *
3:45 – Adjourn
* Keynotes and Panel Discussions will be streamed live at live.alsbom.org
An ASL Interpreter will be available for the keynotes and panel discussions.
The cost of the conference is $25, which includes lunch and a copy of Dr. Moore’s latest book, “Onward: Engaging the Culture Without Losing the Gospel,” recently named Christianity Today’s 2016 Book of the Year.
The conference immediately precedes the annual State Evangelism Conference, also at First Baptist, Montgomery, making it easy for you to benefit from two great opportunities for growth and inspiration in one location.
Register Here: (cutoff is 8am on 2/29)