Jacob & Francine Zailian: Reaching the Lost Cause
Jacob knows the homeless, drug addicts and gang members of Sanger. He used to live among them before he went to jail and met Jesus there.
Now he and his wife, Francine, are reaching those who “would scare people who go to most churches,”
Jacob said. Through Set Free Church, they take the gospel to the streets to reach the people others might see as a “lost cause.”
Church members distribute food, hot meals and hygiene supplies several times a week along with an invitation to worship and Bible study. Their acts of compassion are growing the church and changing lives. Jacob also connects addicts with Biblically based recovery centers and continues their spiritual growth through Set Free Church’s discipleship house.
All of it, Jacob said, “is God”—God gave him a heart to help those without hope “because I was there once myself.”
- For God to transform hearts in Sanger with the gospel.
- For resources to maintain and expand the discipleship house ministry.
Your Alabama Connection:
- Pray for Devins & Carol as they serve the people of Huntsville, Alabama.
- Pray for them to be able to reach the Huntsville area with the good news of Christ.
- Pray for The Body of Christ Church to be a light to the people in their community.
When missionaries answer the call to the mission field, they expect to encounter challenges, but no one could have planned for a global pandemic that radically altered everyday life. Your North American missionaries are displaying courage and vision. They are changing course, innovating and discovering ways to continue sharing the gospel, making disciples and bringing hope.