Anders & Jessica Snyder: A New Start For A Dying Church
Moving from Denver to a small town they had never heard of in Idaho was not in Anders’ and Jessica’s plans. But it fit where they felt the Holy Spirit was guiding them—to help a dying church come back to life and reach its community.
In 2018, they launched the replant of Calvary Church Nampa. The neighborhoods around the once-vibrant church are now aging and declining with a mix of Anglo and Hispanic residents. Drugs are a big problem—so are poverty and depression.
With a strategic outreach to get to know and serve their neighbors, the Snyders are seeing God move. More than 100 are now worshipping and growing in faith together.
“We’re reclaiming ground that was already once won for the kingdom. It tells the story of a resurrected Christ in that the church can come back from the dead,” Anders said.
- For the Snyders to have wisdom in how best to serve and reach their community.
- For neighbors to be drawn to the hope of the gospel.
Your Alabama Connection:
Blakely & Melissa Winslow -- Christian Challenge
- Pray for Blakely & Melissa as they serve the people of Colorado.
- Pray for the ministry that they are doing to be successful in reaching many students.
- Pray for them to have a strong team to come alongside them in ministry.
Joshua Valdez says his city is a place of emotional and spiritual darkness. It’s a melting pot of culture and religion. Its residents are mostly Hispanic and Navajo, and the Navajo are very much “a forgotten people,” said Joshua, who also has both heritages.The people have one common struggle—they often battle feelings of despair or worthlessness.