Shahid & Maroofa Kamal: Sharing A Living God
Delta, British Columbia
Shahid Kamal’s God is a living God—One who answers prayer. Shahid and his wife, Maroofa, spend their lives introducing Him to the more than 300,000 South Asians who call the Greater Vancouver area home.
“Hindus have many visible gods, and Sikhs have many gurus,” said Shahid, who planted South Asian Community Church in Surrey, part of metro Vancouver. “In the midst of this complex situation, we are trying to help them to know, believe and receive Jesus Christ.”
And over and over again, the Kamals see that transformation happens through prayer.
“Our prayer ministry is one of the successful connecting points,” Shahid said. “Many came to our church for the very first time for prayer. They have specific prayer requests. And, praise God, God answered them and showed them that He’s a living God.”
- For the church’s prayer ministry to continue to open doors for the gospel.
- For South Asians in Surrey to be drawn toward Jesus.
Your Alabama Connection:
Elaine Shaneyfelt -- Junction Church
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Pray for Elaine as she serves the people of Calgary.
- Pray that many will come to know the Lord through the ministry she and her church partners are doing.
- Pray for Junction Church to be the light of Christ in their community.
DeKalb County, Georgia is a picture of diversity—and vast need. There’s a beautiful array of cultures but also brokenness. Many homes don’t have dads in them. The abortion rate is high. There’s division from racial and socioeconomic tensions. to When Ryan and Tricia moved their family to Atlanta to plant Gospel Hope Church, they wanted the congregation to reflect the multicultural community. To do that, Ryan worked with a diverse team of people who shared this vision.