- Emphasize that Vacation Bible School is a Spiritual Event and encourage prayer.
- Observe National Day of Prayer for VBS on May 15, 2016 and pray that people are saved.
- Start early by setting the date for VBS involving the pastor and staff.
- Publicize the date and time and purchases curriculum and supplies.
- Be intentionally evangelistic in planning for a good ending; plan to see people saved.
Budget According to the Importance of the Event:
- If Vacation Bible School is the largest evangelistic event planned by a church, funds should be provided.
- Involve leadership in establishing how budget is used.
Enlist Properly and Provide Training for Leaders:
- Every church member should have an opportunity to be involved.
- Enlist leaders face to face with expectancy. VBS is the best week of the year.
- The pastor should have opportunity to encourage VBS leaders and challenge them.
- Plan for follow-up of un-churched children as you enlist leaders.
Promote the event Early and Often:
- Use every media outlet possible, many offer free advertising.
- Involve the children of the church in the spring before school is out. Allow them to help plan decorations so they may tell their friends about plans for VBS.
Follow-up with contact to un-churched and celebrate the result of VBS:
- Ask leaders to be diligent in taking information: name, address, phone, etc.
- Contact families during the week of VBS, teacher visits are great first steps.
- Be sure that FAITH, NET, EE teams visit prospects immediately after VBS.
- Celebrate the results of VBS in the Worship Service after VBS concludes.
- Recognize those who taught, prayed, or contributed to VBS.
Office of Communications and Technology Services at Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions
Communications and Technology Services coordinates all communications including print, on-line media, news and information, graphics, technology and multi-media.A variety of media products are produced to tell the story of what God is doing through the State Board of Missions in partnership with Alabama Baptists. This office is led by director Doug Rogers.
Latest posts by Alabama Baptist SBOM (see all)
- “Wild” for Vacation Bible School - April 23, 2019
- SBOM honored by BCA - April 17, 2019
- Software programs can help keep your church organized - April 12, 2019