Prayers for believers:
1. Pray that they hold on to the truth of their salvation. So many collegiates “take a break” from their faith during college. We know that John 15 says that we must abide in God in order to produce fruit. Pray that they are able to do so in a collegiate context.
2. Pray that they will have someone to invest in them. Scripture points us to see some implications for believers living life together. The books of 1 Timothy and 2 Timothy show the relationship between Paul and Timothy. Our collegiates need someone to help them grow in the same way that Paul helped Timothy grow into an effective minister.
3. Pray that they will invest in someone else. Not only did Timothy learn from Paul, he poured himself out to others. Discipleship comes through relationships. Our college students need to be helping others grow. That is part of the Great Commission after all.
4. Pray that they will share the Gospel. The nations are on our campuses. May our Christians students share. Regularly. Passionately. Boldly.
Prayers for non-believers:
5. Pray that they will encounter the Gospel regularly. God reveals Himself in so many ways. Pray that lost students would become aware of God around them.
6. Pray that they will find people who live out the Gospel. Maybe it’s a roommate or group project participant, but there are believers who are living out their faith. Pray that they will intersect with non-believers.
7. Pray that God will move in their hearts. Only the Holy Spirit can work in someone’s heart. God uses His people to reveal Himself and teach others, but may it begin in their lives with an openness towards the Gospel.
Prayers for international students:
8. Pray that they will find safety in the body of Christ. As they come to America, many international students are overwhelmed by the changes and challenges. The body of Christ has a unique opportunity to offer truth in these moments.
9. Pray for their families’ hearts to be molded towards the Gospel. Many international students do not follow Christ because they do not want to hurt their families. May God work in their lives as well.
10. Pray for their salvation. Pray boldly and with the confidence that God is who He said He is: the God of Salvation.
10 Ways To Pray For College Students This August
Latest posts by Alabama Baptist SBOM (see all)
- “Wild” for Vacation Bible School - April 23, 2019
- SBOM honored by BCA - April 17, 2019
- Software programs can help keep your church organized - April 12, 2019