Every Alabama Baptist church is autonomous and each decides for itself how to conduct business. However, some customs and practices do prevail. These are suggestions for your consideration.Suggestions reflect Alabama law. You should contact your legal counsel when creating policies.
Resources to Protect Your Church and Your Children:
- Protecting Children and Youth from Sexual Misconduct in Your Church
- Preventing Sexual Misconduct In Your Church
- Creating Child Protection Policies
- How and where to Report Abuse to DHR
- Find your county DHR office
- SBC Resources for Sexual Abuse Prevention
Department of Justice database for child sex abuse prevention
The database is called the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender database. It is available at www.nsopr.gov, and includes a list of convicted sex offenders nationwide.
- Permission for a criminal background check
- Permission for a credit check
- Employment covenant
- Plan of accountability
- Sexual harassment policy
- Computer and internet use policy
It is hoped that these resources, presentations and documents will be informative and helpful to you but the State Board of Missions has not reviewed all material on the web sites and publications listed, and will not monitor them for future additions or changes and therefore is not endorsing these resources.
- Bradley Personnel Consultants bradley-personnel.com/background-checks.html
- Church Volunteer Central
- Employment Screening Services http://www.es2.com
- LifeWay Stores www.lifewaystores.com/backgroundchecks
- Protect My Ministry www.protectmyministry.com
- Screen Now www.screennow.com
- Single Source Services www.singlesourceservices.com
- Brotherhood Mutual Insurance www.brotherhoodmutual.com
- Child Welfare Information Gateway www.childwelfare.gov
- Promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children and families by connecting child welfare, adoption and related professionals as well as concerned citizens to timely, essential information.
- Alabama Attorney General’s Site www.ago.alabama.gov
- Child Protection First!
- Child Protection First! Administrative Guidlines
- Church Volunteer Central www.churchvolunteercentral.com
- Church Mutual Insurance www.churchmutual.com
- GuideOne Insurance Loss Prevention (for policy holders only) www.guideonecenter.com
- Reducing the Risk www.reducingtherisk.com
- Child Abuse Facts
Christianity Today Executive Reports
- Sex Offenders in the Church
- 2008 Child Abuse Prevention Survey Results
- Church Reporting Laws for Child Abuse
Keith and his wife, Willa Dean, are members at Cloverdale Baptist Church, Montgomery where Keith currently serves as Interim Pastor.
Latest posts by Keith Hinson (see all)
- Four Key Facts about Resolutions Adopted by Convention Meetings - June 21, 2016
- Facilities Usage Policy - March 13, 2015
- Policy Suggestion – Marriage/Weddings - January 27, 2013